Monadnock at Home (MaH) is a program of Catholic Charities NH, serving the towns east of Mount Monadnock. Our mission is to provide seniors of the Monadnock Region with the support and practical means to live and thrive in their homes and communities.
Monadnock at Home launched September of 2010 to assist seniors of the Monadnock region with issues they faced maintainting their independence at home. Now, more than 300 people in 12 surrounding towns have been able to thrive and remain independent in their homes with the help of Monadnock at Home. We currently serve individuals in twelve surrounding towns, including Dublin, Fitzwilliam, Greenfield, Hancock, Harrisville, Jaffrey, Marlborough, New Ipswich, Peterborough, Rindge, Sharon and Temple.
80% of the requests we receive, we fill with volunteers. Our volunteers provide--transportation and help with medical appointments, the pharmacy, and the grocery store, as well as handyman assistance in the home, check-in calls, companion visits, computer assistance, and more. We also provide trusted service provider referrals from our list of over 100 vetted providers in over 40 categories to help with personal care as well as all of the larger home maintenance issues.
Knowing that the person coming into the our client's home can be trusted and will do good work is essential, especially to those living alone. We also provide social and educational programs and outings to encourage friendships and prevent social isolation.
We work with many community partners including, Monadnock Community Hospital, Community Volunteer Transportation Company (CVTC), Home Health Care Hospice and Community Services and local independent and assisted living facilities as needs arise.
Services & Benefits Include:
- A central place to access services – one phone call is all it takes when you have a need
- Access to a wide range of prescreened providers including home maintenance resources, home support providers, auto repair shops, pet care, etc. (our database contains more than 100 vetted providers)
- Transportation to appointments and once-a-week grocery trips
- Help with simple maintenance or basic technical problems
- Telephone check-ins
- Social, educational and volunteer opportunities – adds spice to life, helps prevent isolation and provides learning for shared concerns common to this stage of life
- Volunteer opportunities
- Peace of Mind for you and your family
There’s a personal touch to Monadnock at Home that provides our members with the spirit of community in addition to a built-in support system whenever help is needed.